Designed by our university partners exclusively for international students the NCUK IFY combines academic modules, study skills and English language training to provide a pathway to undergraduate degree courses at leading universities.
Successful completion of the NCUK IFY guarantees you a place at an NCUK partner University.
Universities worldwide and UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) formally recognises the NCUK IFY as comparable to GCE A Level, Australian High School (SSCE), American High School (AP) qualifications and Hong Kong High School (HKDSE) qualifications.
BENEFITS OF INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION YEAR (IFY)
- The Programme at Brookstone School is cost-effective compared to studying abroad for either one (1) year foundation or two (2) year A level programme.
- Foundation Programme at Brookstone guarantees admission for a three (3) year first-degree programme in the NCUK Partner Universities.
- Students are allowed a greater degree of freedom in uniform, social activities, access to Laptops/Internet, free time, feeding, pocket money, and much more.
- All assessments and examinations set by NCUK are administered and marked by Brookstone and moderated by NCUK.
- Parents can monitor the academic progress of students in the foundation programme by direct communication with the school in addition to half and end-of-term reports.
- The Programme gives young students an extra year to prepare for the responsibilities of studying at a University.
OTHER PROGRAMMES WE OFFER
- Pre University Progression Programme (PUPP): A remedial programme for students.
- Advanced Subsidiary & Advanced Level Programme
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System
- SAT – Scholastic Assessment Test
What is the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)?
The University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) is an admissions test used by a number of UK Universities for their medical and dental degree programmes. You are usually required to have sat the UCAT prior to applying to University. Registration for the UCAT opens in June and closes in September each year. The UCAT can only be sat between July and September each year and is subject to availability.
START YOUR JOURNEY TO A WORLD-CLASS MEDICAL UNIVERSITY WITH NCUK
UCAT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
International Foundation Year Subjects and grades: Biology and Chemistry + either Maths for Science or Physics. Minimum grade: AAB (university dependent). Some degrees require students to study Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Applying to medical degrees often requires additional tests, interviews or work experience. Below is an overview of some of the courses available to you at the NCUK Universities and their specific requirements, including the dates by which applications will need to be submitted
Apply for International Foundation Year
Apply to either Port Harcourt or Abuja IFY Centers